I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls
So who else loves the Southwestern Egg Rolls served at Chili’s ?
I haven’t been to a Chili’s in forever but whenever I did visit I would always order the Southwestern Egg Rolls as an appetizer. I finally decided to try to make my own version. They are really easy to make and SO good!!! They are identical to the Southwestern Egg Rolls at Chili’s except these have CHICKEN in them! You can leave the chicken out completely and they will still taste very good!! I’m also listing the recipe that I found online for Avocado Ranch Dip!
Oh, and to make the southwestern chicken egg rolls even EASIER for me, I used Tyson Chicken Strips. They are already cooked and seasoned. You can of course cook and season your own chicken.
I personally wanted something fast and quick lol!
I must warn you, this recipe makes A LOT of Egg Rolls!! I made the whole recipe because I plan on freezing the extra for an easy snack or appetizer any time!
If you don’t want to make as much, you can half the recipe.
The Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls in this recipe are baked, but you can also fry them!! I have tried them fried and of course they are even MORE yummy! Fried is ALWAYS amazing as far as taste – but BAKED is better for you. Choose wisely !
Check out the video below to see how to roll the Southwestern Egg Rolls !
Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls
Try your hand at making this super easy Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls recipe!If you love the Southwestern Egg Rolls at Chilli's you will LOVE this version!
- 2 Bags of Tyson Southwestern Chicken Strips (You could also use one bag and make half of the recipe with chicken and half without. This will come in handy when entertaining guests that are vegetarian and they're just really good that way too )
- 2 cups frozen corn , thawed
- 1-15 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1-9 oz package frozen chopped spinach , thawed and squeezed dry with a strainer or paper towels
- 1- 8 ounce block of Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded (Block cheese is so much better than pre-shredded cheese!)
- 1-7 oz can diced green chiles , drained
- 4 green onions , finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 + package of egg roll or wonton wrappers (these are in the produce section)
Chop up your chicken really well:
Preheat oven to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
In a bowl mix together your chicken, beans, spinach corn, chles, cheese, onions cumin chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
Using a Tablespoon measure out 2 TBS of filling and place it the middle of the wrapper. Wrap the egg roll like shown in the video.
Place the filling diagonally on the wrap. Fold the bottom corner over the filling; roll it snugly half-way to cover filling. Fold in both sides snugly against the filling. Moisten the edges of the last flap at the top. Roll the wrap up and seal the top corner. Lay it flap side down in your baking dish, placing them slightly apart on the baking sheet.
Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 8 minutes, flip them over, bake them for another 8 minutes, you can flip them more than once, you just want to make sure that it has a lovely brown color on both sides.
Great dipping sauce for the egg rolls!
- 3/8 cup mayonnaise
- 3/8 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs buttermilk ( I made my own with 3 TBS of whole milk and half a TBS of Vinegar and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Voila buttermilk!)
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs lemon juice (I used a fresh lemon )
- 1/2 green onion , chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado , peeled and pitted
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Use immediately.